Saturday, July 26, 2014

Gojira 60th Anniversary Statue in Roppongi

I just have been to Tokyo Midtown Garden in Roppongi the other day to see the big Gojira (Godzilla) Statue with light-show. It runs until august the 21st and the light-show is every day after 7pm until 9pm.With a duration of just around 3-4 minutes its a little short but the lighting and smoke add a lot to the menacing look of the big green guy!
I have to say that I am looking forward to see the new movie on next friday but I got very mixed reviews from people who have already seen it in the U.S and Europe. Anyway I am a fan of Godzilla and the old Kaiju Monsters he fought so I might take the risk to be disappointed from Hollywood.
Anyway I think although he gained a little weight he looks quite cool and far better than in the terrible Roland Emmerich Hollywood remake from some years back.
It was fun to see him there in all that smoke and colorful lighting so if you are a fan of Gojira or like monsters or big reptiles you should definitely go and check him out !!!



quite good lighting I think 



young and old gojira fans enjoy the lightshow
Rooooaaarrhhh!!!
                                     



say hi !!!




good size comparison to the tall building there….I wish they had made him even bigger!




original size gojira footprint!they obviously wouldn't destroy the park so it was made with lights




an overview from the bridge there….




that's a good one!

coming out of the smoke








lighting in his mouth is pretty cool too…..

                                                                         Text by Flo-Void



No comments:

Post a Comment